So, finally, Jio launched their Jio Wifi calling service Pan-India between August 7 – 16, 2020. If you don’t know what actually is Jio Wifi Calling service then keep reading this article until the end. So, today in this article we are going to share about what is Jio Wifi Calling Service & how to enable it on your Android & iOS Smartphones for free.
- 1 What is Wi-Fi calling?
- 2 What is Jio Wifi Calling Service?
- 3 How to enable Jio WiFi calling in Your Smartphones:
- 4 Frequently Asked Questions:
What is Wi-Fi calling?
Benefits of Wi-Fi calling are:
- Use the strongest network to make uninterrupted calls – whether it’s Wi-Fi or mobile network
- Make and receive calls with Wi-Fi using existing Jio phone number
- Helps connect in case of signal issues in remote areas or cellular-dark zones of a building
- It’s included at no additional charge. All you need is an existing voice plan and an HD voice compatible device
- To learn how to turn on Wi-Fi Calling and check the handset eligibility click www.jio.com/wificalling
What is Jio Wifi Calling Service?
Now Jio allows users to call through Wifi Connection from one person to another. It will allow Jio users to make or receive calls over Wi-Fi using their existing Jio number. This allows users to make calls even in places with poor or no cellular network.
Additionally, calls made over VoWiFi provides users with a shorter call connection time along with superior call quality compared to calls made over VoLTE or any existing cellular technology.
Jio reveals that the voice and video calls will seamlessly switch-over between VoLTE and Wi-Fi to provide an enhanced voice/video-calling experience to users. The company has revealed that Jio Wi-Fi calling service will be rolled out to all Jio users across the country in a phased manner between Jan 7 to Jan 16.
How to enable Jio WiFi calling in Your Smartphones:
Wifi Calling Service is available on almost every smartphone. So, that you can easily enable Jio Wifi Calling in your Android & iOS smartphones. This is a fully free way of communicating with each other. So, keep reading for step by step guide for enable Jio Wifi Calling in your Smartphone.
Step 1: Check if you have a compatible handset. Head over to Jio’s website to find out. Link
Step 2: Android users with a compatible handset can go to Settings -> Connections -> look for Wi-Fi calling -> Switch the option to On.
iOs users should head to Settings -> Look for Wi-Fi Calling -> Switch on the ‘Wi-Fi Calling on This Phone’ option.
How much does Jio Wi-Fi calling cost?
1) The Wi-Fi Calling feature is available at no additional charge and is included as part of your existing voice plan
2) Your Wi-Fi calls to Indian numbers, regardless of your location within India, are also free of charge
How do I make Wi-Fi calls?
- Once you set up Wi-Fi Calling, you will have to follow the same process as traditional voice calls
- Your phone will automatically toggle between Wi-Fi and cellular network to provide you a seamless call with the best experience.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Who is eligible for Wi-Fi calling?
- Have a smartphone that is Wi-Fi Calling capable
- Have an active Jio tariff plan