Unlock Your Android & iPhone FaceID with Mask– Hello Guys, I hope you are doing well during this Covid19 pandemic. Today, we are here with one of the most important questions asked by all Android & iPhone FaceID users because they are unable to unlock their iPhone with the mask. So, today we are going to share the trick to unlock your iPhone FaceID with mask easily.
As we know that Face Mask is very mandatory to use during this COVID19 pandemic for Public safety. But on the iPhone, we are unable to unlock our face ID devices. So, here is a solution to unlock your Android & iPhone Face ID with the mask.
Researchers at Tencent’s Xuanwu Lab (via the Wall Street Journal) discovered that you can train Face ID to recognize you’re wearing a mask if you set up the biometric system while wearing half a mask.
The tutorial mentions folding a mask in half and going through the setup process for Face ID. In our testing, that worked, but not very consistently.
What we found the most consistent was using the primary Face ID setup as well as redoing the alternate appearance with a mask to offer the best unlocking results.
But if being able to use Face ID with a mask could be valuable to you, even if not a 100% unlock rate, try out the steps below and let us know what you experience.
iPhone: How to use Face ID with a mask
- Head to Settings > Face ID & Passcode
- You can either try to do the first step as an Alternate Appearance or choose to Reset Face ID
- Once you’ve picked Set up Face ID or Set Up Alternate Appearance, fold your mask in half and hold it up to your face
- If your iPhone says “Face Obstructed” move your mask slowly away from the center of your face until it asks you to “Move your head slowly to complete the circle” (Xuanwu Lab recommends covering just the tip of your nose; cover too much and you’ll get an error)
- Complete two scans of your face with the mask folded in the same orientation
- You should see “Face ID is now set up”
- Put your mask on, covering your whole face, test out if it works to unlock your iPhone
Here’s how these steps look:
Part 2 (optional)
- If Face ID isn’t working consistently after doing the Face ID setup with a folded mask, go back into Settings > Face ID & Passcode
- Tap Set Up Alternate Appearance (if you chose alternate for step 1 above, you’ll need to Reset Face ID and do part 1 again for the primary Face, and do part 2 as an alternate appearance)
- Fold the mask and place it on the other side of your face then you did for part 1
- Complete the two Face ID setup scans
- Put your mask on, covering your whole face
- Test out if it’s working
- Face ID should still work when you’re not wearing your mask as well
Final Words Regarding FaceiD Unlock With Mask-
So, finally, we shared Step by step guide to unlocking your Android & iPhone FaceID with mask easily. It is a little bit tricky but working perfectly. It is the only way now to unlock your iPhone FaceID with the mask. So, if you have any query then comment below down.